Mr. Choi started his legal career in 1995 as a public prosecutor. He has overseen complex criminal cases, including major economic crimes. Mr. Choi has represented the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office at the appellate level, including at the Constitutional Court. Mr. Choi was head of the State Service Division of the Ministry of Justice and was involved in the establishment of the Government Legal Affairs Corporation. Mr. Choi also participated in the negotiations for the US-Korea Status of Forces Agreement. As Senior Partner, Mr. Choi brings his in-depth knowledge and experience on criminal law and criminal procedure to the firm.
2020 OhKims & Company
2020 The Lead Law Office
2018 Head of Important Economic Crimes Division
2016 General Prosecutor, Seoul Central Prosecutor’s Office
2015 Daejon High Prosecutor’s Office
2013 Seoul High Prosecutor’s Office
2012 Legal Research Fellow, Institute of Justice
2011 Daegu District Prosecutor’s Office
2010 Cheongju District Prosecutor’s Office
2009 3rd Division Chief, Seoul Southern District Prosecutor’s Office
2008 Head of State Service Division, Ministry of Justice
2005 Constitutional Research Officer, Constitutional Court
2004 Daegu District Prosecutor’s Office, Prosecutor
2002 Seoul Central District Prosecutor’s Office, Prosecutor
2000 Ministry of Justice, Prosecutor
1998 Suwon District Prosecutor’s Office, Prosecutor
1997 Yeoju District Prosecutor’s Office, Prosecutor
1995 Cheongju District Prosecutor’s Office, Prosecutor
1992 Army Judge, Army 3rd Division (National Defense Staff College)
2008 Seoul National University (PhD(ABD))
2003 Florida University Law School (Visiting Scholar)
1990 Seoul National University (M.A. in Law)
1988 Seoul National University (B.A. in Law)
- Constitutional petition regarding the importation of US beef
- Violation of the freedom of assembly statute case.
- Riding a motorcycle on the national highway case.
- Determining unconstitutionality of the military criminal law case.
- Determining constitutionality for adultery case
- Case regarding secretary of the hospital.
- Case regarding false claims in violation of the Pharmaceutical Affairs Law.
- Cases on organ trafficking, illegal importation.
- Case regarding Samchong University of Education.
- Prosecuted numerous cases regarding illegal gambling.
- Prosecuted environmental criminal cases, including violations of the Waste Management Act.
- Case regarding Cheongju Mutual Credit Bank.
- Litigation related to a farmhouse in Chungjuho.
- Litigation for damages related to bar examination.
- Litigation for damages from aircraft noise.
- New Criminal Procedure Act (Park-Young Publishing Company)
- Special Topics in Criminal Law (Dea-Myung Publishing Company)
- Criminal Law (Dae-Myung Publishing Company)
- Criminal Procedure Act (Dae-Myung Publishing Company)
- Commentary on the Criminal Procedure Act (Association of Judicial Administration)
- U.S. Criminal Practices and Procedures (You-Won Publishing Company)
- A Study on the Modern Meaning of the Separation of Power (Korean Constitutional LawⅠ)
- A Study on the Warrantless Searching of Automobiles (New Trends in Korean Criminal Law)
- A Critical Review of the Court’s Theory of Abuse of Extinctive Prescription
- A Study on Search by Consent in U.S. Law (6 Kown 6 Ho of Ga-Chon Law Journal)
- A Study of Yu Gil-jun’s Constitutional Thought in “Seoyugyeon” (5 Kown 2 Ho of GaoChon Law Journal)
- A Study on the Concept of Search in U.S. Criminal Law
- Constitutional Considerations Regarding the case “Import Hygiene Conditions for U.S. Beef and Beef Products” (11 Kown 2 Ho of HongIk Law Journal)
- A Study on the Constitutional Examination of Penal Laws (3 Kwon, Criminal Law and Concept of Constitutional Law, Park-Young Publishing Company)
- Addressing the Constitutionality of Paragraph 1 of Article 53 of the Military Criminal Law (Commentary for Decisions from the Constitutional Court)
- Current Status and Countermeasures of Unconstitutional Legislation (Justice Journal Unit 106)
- Advice on the Constitutional Rights of Inmates (2 Kwon, Criminal Law and Concept of Constitutional Law, Park-Young Publishing Company)
- Personal Information Protection and Disclosure (Soongsil Law Review Unit 18)
- Advice on the Jury System and Right to Trial (1 Kwon, Criminal Law and Concept of Constitutional Law, Park-Young Publishing Company)
- A Study of the Freedom of Information Act of the United States (Thesis for Expatriate Prosecutor Unit 19)
- A study on non-public information under the Information Disclosure Act (Justice Journal Unit 62)
- Establishment of New Civil Trial Procedure Regulations in the New Korea-US SOFA
1992 Judicial Research and Training Institute (31st Korean Bar Examination)