Chaeseung “James” Lee
James is a partner of OhKims Law who specializes in civil and criminal litigation with extensive trial and appellate experience. James has represented clients in white-collar criminal cases and civil cases on management disputes. He also has expertise on litigation issues related to cryptocurrency and blockchain. During his practice, James successfully represented a client in an appeal to the Supreme Court on a management dispute. James also successfully argued the unconstitutionality of regulations on brokerage compensation to the Constitutional Court.
2019 OhKims Law & Company
2017 Ohkims Law Office
2017 Law Office Etos
2014 Law Office Barun
2014 Korea University Law School (J.D.)
2007 Korea University (B.A. in Law)
- Advisor on cases regarding fraud and labor law violations.
- Conducted Litigation related to stock purchases for financial companies.
- Advised development company on real estate development plan.
- Advised company on cryptocurrency exchange hacking litigation.
- Advised client on cryptocurrency exchange-related complaint. Advised pharmaceutical company in administrative hearings.
- Represented client in arbitration hearings related to the hacking of a cryptocurrency exchange.
- Conducted M&A consultations for an entertainment company.
- Represented plaintiffs in class action lawsuit against dental company.
- Numerous cases regarding the infringement of the right to sunlight (Disputes in Shin-Gil Housing Development Areas), inheritance disputes involve claims made regarding estates, wills, and trusts.
- Represented client in front of Supreme Court of Korea regarding determining the status of directors and auditors.
- Represented clients in case of violation of trade secrets by retired executives.
- Represented the Ministry of Government Administration in a lawsuit over the disposition of a foundation and illegal executive appointment.
- Filed application with the Constitutional Court over the unconstitutionality of brokerage remuneration limit regulations.
- Consulted for various government agencies, including the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport on investment cancellations.
2014 Korean Bar Admission (3rd Korean Attorney Examination)
Korean (Native), English (Fluent)