Sungheon “Paul” Oh
Paul is a founder and managing partner of OhKims Law. He has wide-ranging experience in civil, criminal, and administrative law, including litigation and arbitration. Paul has worked with many FinTech and technology companies on various legal issues. He has also advised domestic and foreign clients in the healthcare, leisure, construction, and real estate industries. Recently, Paul has worked on consultations and policy advice for blockchain companies, included advising a client for an ICO and arbitration related to the hacking of a blockchain exchange. Currently, Paul is acting as plaintiff’s counsel in a class-action lawsuit against a biomedical company in Korea.
2019 OhKims Law & Company
2017 OhKims Law Office
2017 Sae-Chang Law Firm2014 Law Office Shin & Park
2014 Seoul National University (PhD(ABD))
2012 Korea University Law School (J.D.)
2005 Seoul National University (M.A. in Law)
2002 Seoul National University (B.A. in Law)
- Legal consulting, including for a travel platform company, a welfare foundation. In addition, administrative litigation related to veterans and class action litigation against a biomedical company.
- Assisted domestic research institutions in establishing joint research ventures with foreign universities.
- Authored white paper on blockchain ICO for issuing company of a new cryptocurrency.
- Provided legal consultation to a variety of domestic and foreign companies on a range of subjects, including labor law, corporate governance, and personal data protection.
- Engaged in civil and criminal cases, including cases arising under the Capital Markets Act.
- Provided legal consultations on ship purchase agreements and shareholder contracts.
- Legal counsel for company in arbitration related to hacking of cryptocurrency exchange.
- Assisted plaintiffs in filing and advocating constitutional complaints related to medical policy.
- Assisted a sharing economy company on various matters.
- Advised several companies on personal data protection policies and laws.
- Represented Korea Development Corporation to develop a construction research service.
- Advised several companies on various legal issues and contracts.
- Engaged in lawsuits under the National Security Law.
- Advised clients on private investment structuring on a railway project.
- Provided legal consultation for various companies in litigation under the Labor Law.
- Korea Bar Association Law School Report (Korea Bar Association, Co-Authoring)
- Review of New Law & Legislation: “Prohibition of corporations (non-medical personnel) from practicing medicine or employing a physician to provide professional medical services in medical institutions.” (Korea Dental Association, Co-Authoring)
- A Study on the Amendment to the 2017 Professional Sports Athlete Standard Contract (Korea Professional Sports Association)
- Human Rights Issues of Infants and Teachers in Childcare (Korea Society for Infant and Child Mental Health Fall Symposium)
- A Study on Cost Management in Public Construction Contracts (KDI Public Investment Management Center)
- Juvenile Discrimination (Korea Youth Policy Institute Colloquium)
- Report on Freedoms and Limits of Public Persons (Master’s Thesis)
2014 Korean Bar Admission (3rd Korean Attorney Examination)
Korean (Native), English (Fluent)